Pearl Harbor Sailor + Local sports + Water pollution filter
Have a nice day, people of Woodbury! Morgan Reddekopp here with the Thursday edition of the Woodbury Daily.
Are you a local business owner or distributor in Woodbury? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Clear all day. High: 74 Low: 52.
Here are the best stories today in Woodbury:
- A sailor who was killed at Pearl Harbor was eventually identified using DNA and buried at his home in Minnesota. (Duluth News Tribune)
- Senator John Marty de Roseville is run to replace Minority leader Susan Kent, LDF-Woodbury. (Minnesota reformer)
- Here are Tuesdays prepare sports results. (Minneapolis Star Tribune)
- An old professor at the University of Minnesota created filtered to help repair water pollution. (Pioneer of Bemidji)
Today’s Woodbury Daily is brought to you by our friends at FTD, the most trusted name in flowers. FTD’s network includes more than 8,800 local florists in communities across the country. Send flowers to someone you love today and get 15% off your order. Click here to make someone feel good.
Today in Woodbury:
- Parents’ Night for Grades 7 and 8 – Lake Middle School (6:00 p.m.)
- OPEN HOUSE – Woodbury High School (6:00 p.m.)
- U.S. National Weather Service Twin Cities Minnesota: “We’re back in another predominantly dry climate for at least the next 7 days, with only a few scattered showers possible today and Monday evening. Although at least the temperatures are pleasant.” (Facebook)
- Woodbury, MN Police Fire EMS: “With the flurry of catalytic converter thefts in the Twin Cities, officers have scoured the city for thieves. Officers recently apprehended two of these thieves, but there are many more. Woodbury Public Safet … “(Facebook)
- Saint Ambroise Catholic School: “Creativity at work! Our 5th grade students are working hard on a creative writing assignment in Mr. Schmitz’s class. “(Facebook)
- Little Sprouts Daycare and Preschool: “In Tod Pods this week. We talked about emotions. We had the opportunity to do Flat Emoji and match the emotions. We listened to the book Inside out. Which was about our emotions and our feelings. memories make us feel a certain emotion. We … “(Facebook)
- Town of Woodbury, MN – Government: The 2022 annual municipal budget proposal is now available for review on the city’s website at woodburymn.gov/2022Budget Next Wednesday, September 15, city council will hold its annual workshop to review the municipal budget proposal 2022. The council … “(Facebook)
- Elementary Royal Oaks: “If you ever order Papa John’s, it’s an easy way to support our school!” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
That’s all for today! See you tomorrow for your next update. If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Morgan reddekopp
Please feel free to contact us with any questions, concerns, or story ideas at [email protected] and follow me on Twitter @ReddekoppMorgan for more updates.
I grew up in Eagan, Minnesota, before attending Winona State University, where I majored in creative digital media and a minor in journalism and creative writing. I am very happy to be a journalist in my hometown! In my spare time I like to paint, draw and write. I am currently working on my poetry manuscript and I also enjoy hiking and being outdoors.
Got a tip, photo submission, or suggestion for an upcoming Woodbury Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.