Hydroneer Automation Guide | Tech Raptor
In this Hydroneer Automation Guide, I will walk you through how to build machines that will allow you to automatically mine and process resources.
How Hydroneer Automation works
Hydroneer Automation is water powered. This means that anything you build will need to be near a water source, such as a river, pond, or lake.
Water pressure determines the speed at which a machine operates. Water may also need to be filtered in some cases, to reduce damage to a machine. Pressure boosting and filtering can be accomplished with specialized pipe parts.
This Hydroneer Automation Guide will walk you through the basics of setup – it will be up to you to find the best machine for your needs.
Best Automated Starter Hydroneer Mining Setup
The best starter Hydroneer The mining setup can be built inexpensively – you can buy used wrought iron machinery right across from your starting location. The image above shows you exactly how it is configured:
- Inlet water pipe – It draws water from the river.
- Valve hook – This allows you to stop the flow of water.
- Pressure tank – You can put shards or shard bars in this compartment to increase water flow.
- Wrought Iron Drill – This actually drills into the ground and automatically extracts clumps of dirt.
- Forged Iron Harvester – This takes clumps of dirt and extracts resources from them.
- Saucepan – A standard saucepan can catch all the resources coming out of the wrought iron harvester.
How to create your first automatic exercise in Hydroneer
Before you can build your first automatic drill, you will need to earn money from mining by hand. Once you have a few hundred hydrocoins, you can create an automated setup and really ramp up production.
Here’s how to create a basic auto-mining setup:
- Place a drill where you want to mine. Remember, the deeper you go underground, the better resources you get!
- Place a Harvester directly below the Auger Outlet – this will automatically convert dirt piles into resources.
- Start placing pipes and laying a path to a water source.
- Optionally place pressure tanks, valve hooks, water filter hooks and any other optional accessories you wish to add.
- Once the pipes are all hooked up, turn on the machines and they will start mining!
Expand your mining operation with conveyors
This starter configuration is only the beginning of Hydroneer Automation – you can extend it further with the use of conveyor belts. Of course, you can drop down, pick up the pot, and bring it back to the surface to melt items by hand. Once you start bringing in more Hydrocoins, you can instead choose to build a series of conveyor belts that will automatically transport all of your materials to the surface.
How to automatically sort resources in Hydroneer
The easiest way to automatically sort resources is to use the Manual Water Sorter. All you have to do is place a nugget of the resource you want to filter into the tray; it will pull that resource from one port and deposit the rest from the other port. Three or four of these machines can be used to separate all early game resources into separate bins; refer to the image above for a possible design of a sorting configuration.
Logic lets you build complex machines
A store in Bridgepour carries various “Logic” devices which are somewhat akin to from Minecraft Red stone. These allow you to precisely configure your production. We won’t go into detail on this aspect of the game, but it’s definitely worth experimenting with once you have the cash to spend!
Maintenance and repair of your machines
Just like the real world, Hydroneer machines will break down. You will need to use tools to repair them; you can find them in most department stores. It’s always a good idea to have a few tools on hand to keep your machines running smoothly!
How to get the best automatic drills and harvesters in Hydroneer
Although you can buy some Hydroneer Automation machines just across the road, to get the best stuff you need to go east to Icehelm. You will also need a ground of Iron (and later, Cloutium) to make them.
Where to buy the best drills and harvesters
You can buy the best drills and harvesters inside Icehelm. Take the elevator down and walk to the right at the intersection to access the store. refer to the table below for prices.
How to make the best drills and harvesters
The process of making the best drills and harvesters in Hydroneer requires you to gather a significant amount of Iron (and later, Cloutium) as well as some Hydrocoins. here’s what you need to do; be sure to refer to the image above to see how this huge anvil works!
- Acquire enough Hydrocoins and Iron/Cloutium to buy the model of the Machine you want to build and craft it.
- Put Hydrocoins and Resources in a Saucepan.
- Take the pan to Icehelm. Go down the elevator, go right to the store and buy the model.
- Place the template on the object plane pedestal (1).
- Place the minimum amount of Resources needed in the Crucible (2). Don’t worry about scraps – they’ll be dropped into special slots once you’ve built your machine.
- Pull the activation lever (3). The Machine will be placed on the Build Platform (4). The remaining resources will be deposited in the front slot (5).
Once you’ve built your machine, you can carry it by hand or place it on the nearby conveyor, which will automatically transport it to the surface. You can park a vehicle under the outlet pipe to load multiple machines without having to do any extra work.
Hydroneer Machine costs
|Machine||Stage||Hydrocoin cost||iron making cost||Clutium Manufacturing Cost|
|Wrought iron drill bit||1||184||300||N / A|
|Wrought Iron Intake Booster||1||82||60||N / A|
|Cloutium Intake Booster||2||454||N / A||60|
|Wrought iron harvester||1||122||100||N / A|
We are all done with our Hydroneer Automation Guide, but there’s even more to explore! Check out our other guides below: